[daip] Re: ATLOD for aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 10 11:35:19 EST 2005

Chris Phillips writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > I am in the process of installing NRAO aips at Parkes and Narrabri. One of
 > the extra steps I have to do is install ATLOD. I don't believe it is
 > practical to try and get ATLOD as part of mainstream aips (for lots of
 > reasons), but one step which would make installation a little easier would
 > be to add the special parameters needed by atlod into NEWPARMS.001 (there
 > is about 6 of them). I cannot see this impacting on normal users of aips
 > who will never install or use atlod but is one less step needed to install
 > atlod as an extra.  Is this practical? I add to PROC NEWPARMS:
 >
 > $ ATNF adverbs for ATLOD
 > $
 > SCALAR   NSKIP
 > ARRAY    FREQSEL(30)
 > ARRAY    IFSEL(5)
 > SCALAR   IFMAP
 > SCALAR   NIF
 > ARRAY    XYPHASE(6,6)
 > $

    I am about to add these to POPSDAT.HLP and NEWPARMS.001 in
31DEC05.  I need help files for them if we are to stay with aips
standards.

 > Another issue is that the AT make available a number procedures (I forget
 > the correct aips terminology). These are things like ATBPASS, ATCALIB etc.
 > Any chance of including these as well? I could send you a copy of them and
 > you decide which ones are OK or not.

Make a general RUN file (ATPROCS for example) containing them all and
make HELP files for each of the procs and for ATPROCS in general and I
will include them in 31DEC05.