[daip] USB hard disk within AIPS?

Jose-Maria Torrelles torrelle at ieec.fcr.es
Tue Jan 4 17:46:17 EST 2005

Dear Aips Group, firstable Happy New Year!

I am trying to include in AIPS
an external hard disk
connected through an USB 2 port. The hard disk is 250 Gb.
I have included in the DADEVS.LIS a line
with the path of the disk: /media/usbdisk/torrelles/AIPS_DATA
and in the NETSP I have included the line:
/media/usbdisk/torrelles/AIPS_DATA 365.0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0

In that directory I have created the file "SPACE" ("touch SPACE")

However, when I run aips, that disk is not included in the list
of the disks available. There is
not any message related with that disk.

I can write and delete files from that external USB disk without
problems.

Any idea? Could you please tell me if I can work
within AIPS with external USB 2 hard disk?

I have aips 31DEC05.

Thank you very much in advance for your attention and help.

Best regards,

Jose M. Torrelles