[daip] Help with AIPS

Jonathan Mines mines at physics.technion.ac.il
Tue Jan 4 07:39:00 EST 2005

Eric,

1.  When I attempt to use different TV commands, I receive the following
error message:

 >tvinit
ZSSSO2 connect (INET): Connection refused
AIPS 1: ZSSSOP: CHANNEL ASSIGN ERROR FOR LUN    9
AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV OPEN ERROR      6
AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

What does this mean?  I already followed your instructions and set up
the system services for the TV, TEK, and message server.  The TEKSRV and
MSGSRV windows seem to be functioning properly.

2.  Exactly what is the purpose of the AIPS_TEKSRV window?  It almost
seems to simply duplicate a LINUX shell.  Thank you.

Jonathan Mines