[daip] aips installation on fedora core2

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 3 10:41:21 EST 2005

Instead of sending massive files that are hard for me even to look at,
it would help if you followed the instructions that install.pl gave
you.  It said to do a

     grep -v "-" *.LIS

in the installation directory $TST/$ARCH/INSTALL.  If you had done
that I suspect that you would have found that TBIN was the task that
failed to compile.  Looking at INSTEP4.LOG, your compiler generated an
internal error, i.e. a compiler error not an aips error, and so failed
on that task.  Having seen such things before, I suggest that you
simply try install.pl over again.  It will take all your current
settings and skip almost everything including all of INSTEP2 and what
it did do of INSTEP4.  It will then try to compile and link TBIN again
and I expect it will work.