[daip] Bug? multiple commands per line

Walter Brisken wbrisken at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Feb 21 16:16:18 EST 2005

Normally, it seems that as long as the 80 character limit is obeyed, two
commands can be concattenated with a ";" into one line, for example:

INSEQ = 3 ; GO

does the same as:

INSEQ = 3
GO

For the large astrometry project I've been working on, I have reduction
scripts for each epoch, and each is named the same (eg. XLOAD.001 is the
script to load data).  Each script lives in a different directory, and the
scripts are chosen with VERSION = '...' .

I found, to my dismay, that:

VERSION = 'EPOCH1' ; RUN XLOAD

is not the same as

VERSION = 'EPOCH1'
RUN XLOAD

The difference is that the VERSION =  seems to be ignored.
PRINT VERSION after the concattenated version above returns the value
VERSION had before the line was executed and the XLOAD from that directory
was run.  One thing that may be peculiar about the scripts is that they
include a VERSION =  line in them.  I'm not sure that makes a difference.

-Walter