[daip] Re: AIPS problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:44:49 EST 2005

Patrick Palmer writes:
 > Eric,
 >
 > I think filling the data in the wrong order was the source of my
 > problem.  That x file was realluy needed, but it was to go at the
 > beginning, not at the end.  (I had had to sort the data into time order
 > last time after I was done, but had not looked closely at why.)  Now
 > TVFLG seems to behave fine.
 >
 > So, filling in the wrong order is a bad thing, even if one tries to
 > sort into time order later.
 >
 > And, the problem is solved!

I could not figure out how to make FILLM write extra files if the data
are out of time order.  But I added loud messages about it.

I checked TVFLG and SPFLG to find out why they did not work.  I
probably set up a time interval it would take that was so small no
data were taken.  I have added tests and an earlier exit.

I changed UVSRT so that the NX table is not copied.  I suspect you of
not doing an INDXR since TVFLG works after one is done.

Thanks,