[daip] buglet in TVLINE

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 8 12:13:39 EST 2005

Claire Chandler writes:
 > It seems that even when values for TVCORN and TVXY are set prior to
 > running, TVLINE still uses the cursor to set the beginning and ending
 > pixels.  This behaviour is supposed to be only when TVCORN and TVXY are
 > set to zero, according to the help, and means that the beginning and
 > ending points cannot be specified manually before running TVLINE.

Actually it is pretty fancy and does seem to work.  If you set nboth
end points within the size of the screen (> 0, < max size told to you
as you start up e.g.1270 x 924) then it draws the line.  If you set,
e.g. TVXY = 800,0 it will ask for the cursor to point at the 2nd
location.  When it does the plot however, it uses the x of 800 and
takes the y from the cursor.  It will do this at each end and for
either x or y.  (I tested this just now.)