[daip] problem running AIPS

Carlos Alanias Rodriguez Rico c.rodriguez at astrosmo.unam.mx
Thu Feb 3 12:47:16 EST 2005

I have a problem when try to run AIPS. I do not know
what it means with the following error message

"TVDEVS.SH: No free socket slots left!"

Next I show what is happening. Would you help me solving this problem?

best regards and thanks

Carlos Rodriguez-Rico

aips at FOBOS:aips> aips tv=local
START_AIPS: Will use or start first available Unix Socket based TV

You have a choice of 2 printers.  These are:

    No. [ type  ] Description
     1. [     PS] The Big Laser Printer (bn2d)
     2. [     PS] LaserJet 4050 duplex (bn11d)

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 2]: 1
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the The Big Laser Printer (bn2d)
START_AIPS:  - system name bn2d, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /fs/fobos/other0/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST)
   Disk 1 (1) is /fs/fobos/other0/aips/DATA/FOBOS_1
   Disk 2 (2) is /fs/fobos/other1/aips/DATA/FOBOS_2

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

TVDEVS.SH: No free socket slots left!