[daip] Re: AIPS question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 20 15:52:21 EST 2005

David Meier writes:

 > I have a personally install aips version on one of my
 > (non nrao) computers.  As time passed, the adminstrators
 > of the site where it exist, renamed various paths and
 > now my aips won't work because it can't find all the
 > correct files in there setup locations.
 >
 > aips had been setup in:
 >
 > /data/felix/AIPS/
 >
 > but the sysadms moved it to:
 > /data/felix/meierd/AIPS/
 >
 > I thought I could just redefine AIPS_ROOT in LOGIN.CSH,
 > AIPS_PATH.CSH and HOST.CSH and rerun the .CSH files and
 > correct the problem.  However in doing that it still
 > failed. I get the error message:

    There are a number of other files.  The easiest thing to do is to

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH             (assuming you have edited that one)
AIPSROOT.DEFINE

The full list of files is

AIPSPATH.SH HOSTS.SH LOGIN.SH START_AIPS START_TVSERVERS
START_TPSERVERS TVALT AIPS.BOOT AIPSPATH.CSH HOSTS.CSH LOGIN.CSH"

Eric Greisen