[daip] PCAL and models

Martin Hardcastle mjh at star.herts.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 10:00:10 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 09:09:58AM -0500, Bill Cotton wrote:
>    This used to work but it's been "fixed" since then.

Is it possible to un-fix it?

I have poked around a bit more in the code (thanks for the pointer,
Eric) and yes, it's true that XSMOD is used -- it is put into VFLUX
just as for the ORI- case, only within PCLFLX. It is then passed to
LPCALC (as VST...) but LPCALC doesn't make any use of anything other than
VFLUX(1,...) i.e. STOKES I. It looks to me as though LCALC should be
being passed a model derived from XSMOD in VSTMOD, not VST, but I
could be completely wrong.

In any case, if it's broken and there's no prospect of a fix, can
the documentation be changed to reflect that?

Thanks

Martin