[daip] AIPS on alcor is hung?

mrupen at aoc.nrao.edu mrupen at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Dec 1 20:31:06 EST 2005

Dear DAIP,

  aips tst pr=2 notv on alcor leads to

Starting up 31DEC06 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC06) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are NOT assigned a TV device or server
AIPS 1: You are NOT assigned a graphics device or server
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?STARTPMON: [ALCOR] Cannot find /home/AIPS/31DEC06/LINUX/LOAD/TPMON.EXE
STARTPMON: [ALCOR] Will NOT start any TPMON daemons.
213
AIPS 1:                          31DEC06 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE TSTMEM:MED000000;        NOT FOUND
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: DISK PROBLEM   CODES:       2      0
>kleenex
AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       KLEENEX
>exit
AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       EXIT

and so forth.  So I ^C'd out.  Any thoughts?

           Michael

p.s. aips new has the same TPMON complaint (interesting that it looks in
  31DEC06 even in NEW, but I presume that's ok), but no DISK PROBLEM, and
  ucat, kleenex, etc. work fine.