[daip] Moving user files

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Sat Aug 27 03:04:43 EDT 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Eric Greisen wrote:

> Roderick Johnstone writes:
> > > I think I had better write a program - to read the CAD000000.; file
> > > and write the CAD000000.uuu; ones while renaming the files.  This
> > > should be amusing to do and I will start now.
> >
> > And thanks again! I'm surprised noone has tripped over this before and
> > made a solution.
> >

> I have written a program called REUSE.  A MNJ run after tonight should
> get this program and compile it.

Eric. Thanks very much for this. Since we have a binary intallation, with
MNJ things are not set up for compiling. Will our MNJ still get it? It
seems able to get other updates.

I'm away now till Monday which is a public holiday but will give this a
go Tuesday.

> cd $AIPS_ROOT
> source LOGIN.CSH        (or . LOGIN.SH for bash)
> $CDTST
> RUN REUSE

Do I need to do the RUN FILAIP first to change the aips default fcatalogue
style first, or afterwards, or doesnt it matter.

Roderick

Roderick Johnstone                          Email: rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
X-ray Astronomy Group                       Phone: +44 1223 766656
Institute of Astronomy                      Mobile:   07989 809095
Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0HA, UK       Fax:   +44 1223 337523