[daip] Installing AIPS on AMD-64 system

Sharmila Goedhart sharmila at hartrao.ac.za
Thu Aug 18 08:04:03 EDT 2005

Hi

My home pc is an AMD-64 running SUSE 9.3. I wanted to try learn more about
the AIPS management side of things without breaking anything at work so
wanted to install AIPS at home. (Also AMD-64s are really fast) I tried
installing AIPS using the install wizard but the architecture was not
recognised.  Is is possible to run AIPS on the 64-bit systems, or should I
just give up?  If it is possible, what do I need to do?

Regards

Sharmila

---
Dr Sharmila Goedhart
Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory
http://www.hartrao.ac.za
P O Box 443                             Tel: +27 (012) 326-0742
Krugersdorp, 1740                       Fax: +27 (012) 326-0756
South Africa                            sharmila at hartrao.ac.za