[daip] Re: Help MNJ

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 16 15:05:32 EDT 2005

Julio Camargo writes:

I forwarded your query to myself along with rejecting it at the
mnj at nrao.edu address.  Use daip at nrao.edu for all aips querires - that
goes to the programmers not the users.  And you do not need to be a
member of the list to submit to it.  Since you plan to run a MNJ being
on the mnj list is a good thing.

 >          I've installed aips 31DEC05 (31DEC05.tar.gz +
 > install.pl) on a portable pc (Linux, Fedora core 3,
 > 2.6.9-1.667). A line was added on the crontab to
 > do_daily.localhost. The following messages are
 > returned:
 >
 > UPDCVS - no $HOME/.cvspass; cvs should be primed with
 > UPDCVS - a command like so:
 > UPDCVS - /usr/bin/cvs -d
 > :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs
 > login
 > UPDCVS - This should have been done by MAKE.MNJ.
 > AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1
 >
 > Thanks for your help,

This suggests that something did not work during your installation or
that you have changed something since.  Are you running the MNJ under
the same user ID as you did the installation?  The .cvspass file is
written in the $HOME area of the installation user.

Check your $HOME area for this file.  If it is not there, try doing
what it suggests:

/usr/bin/cvs -d  :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs

When prompted for a login simply hit the enter key.