[daip] Re: Trouble reading DRAO UV data in AIPS.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 5 10:58:01 EDT 2005

Thanks for the data - the tourbles are all our fault more or less.
The date coming in was subtly different by about 10**(-6) days but
with the wrong sign.  The author of FITLD thought that double
precision arithmetic was perfectly accurate (hah!) and so tested the
difference of two numbers which should be >= 0 with 0 rather than
-0.001.  I have fixed the code.  Also he messed you up another way -
your data have 12 subarrays.  In the second file the conversion of the
antenna files had an uninitialized variable which had become 12 when
processing the first file, so the second file was not handled right.
I fixed that too.

You can get these corrections in 31DEC05 versions by running the MNJ.
If you need them for earlier versions I can send you a diff output.