[daip] AIPS installation

Wes Young wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Aug 4 10:52:22 EDT 2005

Well the missing libg2c.a suggests the compiler needs to be
reinstalled.  At the AOC we have

cd 2.95.3
/usr/local/compilers/9/gcc_2.95.3/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.95.3
. ls
cc1       cc1obj   chillrt0.o  cpp0        crtbeginS.o  crtendS.o
include  jvgenmain   libg2c.a  libobjc.a    libstdc++.so  SYSCALLS.c.X
cc1chill  cc1plus  collect2    crtbegin.o  crtend.o     f771
jc1      libchill.a  libgcc.a  libstdc++.a  specs

Now I've had troubles building older versions of the gnu compiler
with gcc-4.0 so unless you need to build your own aips tasks I
suggest, like Eric, you get the binary installation.

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu