[daip] Solaris to Linux change over

tghosh at naic.edu tghosh at naic.edu
Mon Apr 25 11:22:56 EDT 2005

Dear AIPS manager,

	At Arecibo, I have just recently switched over from Solaris
operating systems to Linux. I have been using AIPS for many years, and
have some unpublished data (still to be worked on) on my old computer.
AIPS on my Linux machine seems to be unable to find my old data (even
though it can see my old disk). I guess it is the BIG/little Endian
problem. However, I am not sure, if there is any easy way of converting
all my data (under solaris) to Linux or not. Also, if there isn't any
easy way out, am I right in thinking that the hard way is to write all my
data/image files out of Solaris AIPS, and re-read them into the LINUX AIPS ?
That will be a really time consuming/boring job!

Many thnaks for your advice on this,

Regards,
Tapasi Ghosh