[daip] Re: How to write multi-epoch images to one plot file in AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 19 15:21:37 EDT 2005

The three plots you sent are in summary:

1. Contours with position shifted horizontally to match date

2. ? - that appeared to be one epoch but I do not know what all was
plotted in the color, polarization lines, etc

3. A mosaic of contours from different dates.

In AIPS we do not have anything specific to do these plots, but

Use MCUBE to build a cube of the images from your epochs.

KNTR can then plot the mosaic (type 3) contour plot although the
labeling will require you to enter things in the PostScript file.  See
HELP POSTSCRIPT for suggestions about that.

PCNTR can also plot the epochs from this cube on top of each other,
separating them by use of different colors.  See the AIPS CookBook
Chapter 6 for an example.

The plot tasks allow you to force the plots to be the same size
(ASPMM) so that you could generate plots of each epoch separately.  By
editing and combining the PostScript files one could make a plot of
the first type.  That would not be so easy but it could be done.