[daip] new user of aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 6 11:40:03 EDT 2005

Ibrahim Selim writes:

We do not have the personnel to provide individual instruction in the
use of the AIPS software package or in the various difficulties
associated with the use of radio interferometers.  The AIPS CookBook
is a detailed attempt to guide users in the use of AIPS:
     http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/cook.html
The Synthesis Imaging in Radio Astronomy books produced by NRAO's
summer schools and published by the ASP are excellent texts on
interferometry and sometimes also make reference to the AIPS
implementation of the concepts described.

We remain ready to assist with particular problems in AIPS or with VLA
or VLBA data but cannot provide extensive or general tutoring.