[daip] Problem in 31DEC04 version of AIPS

Poonam Chandra poonam at tifr.res.in
Fri Sep 24 00:50:41 EDT 2004

> The daip address reaches all of us and I have been following your
> discussion with Amy.  You keep referring to problems with adverbs but
> have never said what they are.  That is what I was trying to ask
> about.

My dear Eric,
	Even I don't know what are the problems with adverbs!!!

> BUT - I think I know what your trouble with 31DEC04 is.  You used the
> gcc 3.3 for it and I will bet you used some other version of gcc for
> 31DEC03.  gcc 3.3 seems to have lots of problems with AIPS.  A failure
> in optimization can often cause the calibration routines to discard
> all the data - VPLOT and UVPLT use those routines, PRTUV and LISTR
> (SCAN anyway) do not.  Try LISTR in another OPCODE or UVPRT and I
> suspect you will see no data.

I did use gcc 3.3 when I installed 31DEC03 version. Infact, I had
installed gcc 3.3 at that time only and used the same version this time
while upgrading AIPS. But that time I had redhat 9 on my machine and now I
have Fedora core 2. Can that be a problem? Which gcc version shall I use
for installing AIPS? You are right. LISTR doesn't work with opcode 'MATX'.
I seem to be in soup!!
Regards
Poonam.