[daip] CLCAL with multiple SN tables

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:55:41 EDT 2004

Hi Niruj,

So I did some more testing and it seems that CLCAL does not
multiply the 2 SN tables together it simply appends them,
therefore, you get weird results if you have solutions for the
same time, same source.  This seems to be a feature.  I will
clarify the help file for CLCAL.

Now about how to get around your problem without MERGing SN
tables.  The problem is that NGC253 is not in the CL table
after you run CLCAL the first time.  If you do not want the
phase solutions to be applied to NGC253, you should run CLCAL
with OPCO 'CALP' (SNVER 1, INVER 0, GAINVER 1) which makes
CLCAL pass the entries in CL/1 for NGC253 with no calibration,
which means you can apply SN/2 to that CL table and get calibration
for NGC253.  If you want the phases applied to NGC253, then do
that in the original CLCAL.

Cheers,

Amy