[daip] AIPS help, subtracting a core, etc....

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Sep 20 17:01:03 EDT 2004

> 1)  I am trying to remove the core from the image so that I can see more
> detail closed to the core.  How could I achieve this?

You can subtract a model (point source, gaussian) or a clean comp.
model from a uv dataset with UVSUB.

> 2)  I am also wondering, how could I take three separate days of data and
> comprise them  into one more defined image?

You can use DBCON to concatenate datasets.

> 3)  I have three days of data with jets that are very similar, however, the
> core is variable.  Do you think the above ways will help, or do you have a
> different suggestion?

Yea, the only way you (as far as I know) can deal with a variable core is
to subtract the core from each dataset with UVSUB and then concatenate them.

How close are the epochs, the jet in SS433 changes a lot with time too.

Cheers,

Amy