[daip] Compiler or FRING/BPASS

Ylva Pihlstroem ypihlstr at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Sep 9 07:34:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have some problems with running FRING and BPASS on some GMRT data. FRING
is claiming it can't see the integration time, even though I have set
DPARM(4) (see error messages below). BPASS seems not to be reading the
file correctly either. I am just suspicious whether this could be because
the license for the IBM compiler is expired? If so, should I just
recompile AIPS using the GNU compiler?

Thanks,

--Ylva

localh> FRING1: Task FRING  (release of 31DEC04) begins
localh> FRING1: You are using a non-standard program
localh> FRING1: CANNOT DETERMINE INT. TIME FROM DATA; SET DPARM(4)
localh> FRING1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
localh> FRING1: localhost    31DEC04 TST: Cpu=        .0  Real=       1

localh> BPASS1: Task BPASS  (release of 31DEC04) begins
localh> BPASS1: ERROR  5 FINDING
localh> BPASS1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
localh> BPASS1: localhost    31DEC04 TST: Cpu=        .0  Real=       0