[daip] cannot download aips

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 25 15:49:20 EDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:18:12 -0600, Kristy Dyer <kdyer at aoc.nrao.edu> said:

> I'm trying to download the latest AIPS and I seem to be having problems.
> The webbrouser hangs, and when I try FTP the following happens:

> 227 Entering Passive Mode (146,88,1,10,226,169).

Presumably it just stays there?

You may be behind a firewall (you're at GSFC now?).  I was going to
suggest using "wget" if it's available; it can get either FTP or HTTP
urls and might give you more options.

If your account at the AOC is still active, you can consider scp'ing it
from

  paso.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/ftp/pub/software/aips/31DEC04/31DEC04.tar.gz

Usually most firewalls let port 22 (ssh) through.

				- Pat