[daip] compiler gnu gcc 3.4.2

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 15 17:08:03 EDT 2004

When in debug or in optimize

$APLSUB/ENORM.FOR

      INTEGER   I
      DOUBLE PRECISION AGIANT, FLOATN, RDWARF, RGIANT, S1, S2,
     *   S3, XABS, X1MAX, X3MAX, ZERO, ONE
      DATA ONE, ZERO, RDWARF, RGIANT /1.0D0, 0.0D0, 3.834D-20, 1.304D19/
C-----------------------------------------------------------------------

has a value for ONE of 0

$APLSUB/LMSTR1.FOR

      INTEGER   MAXFEV, MODE, NFEV, NJEV, NPRINT
      DOUBLE PRECISION FACTOR, FTOL, GTOL, XTOL, ZERO
      DATA FACTOR, ZERO /1.0D2, 0.0D0/

has a value for FACTOR of 0

God knows where else this will hit.  The use of DATA here is not
essential - the latter works when I put a FACTOR = 1.D2 in the regular
code.  The former worked when I used gdb to set ONE to 1.D0.

Can you forward this to your gnu friends?  Their parser is failing.