[daip] Re: aips mac os x

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 15 15:44:48 EDT 2004

John McKean writes:

 > Hello,
 >
 > I am trying to install aips onto my mac powerbook but I am having some
 > trouble. I have installed readline and the new compliers. When I install
 > aips, everything in INSTEP2 appears to compile fine, but during the
 > INSTEP4 part of the install things fail. I am told that programs fail to
 > link and that I have a wimpy compiler. I am using the g77 that I
 > downloaded from the aips mac os x web site. Do you know what the problem
 > is? Do I need to change some of the compiler options?
 >
 > I am running Mac OS 10.3.5 on a G4 powerbook.

The error message is not the "wimpy compiler" joke but simething that
preceded that.  Look at INSTEP4.LOG for error messages.  There will be
some.  If you send them to me I might be able to help.  Be sure to
send say all the messages for the program that failed but please do
not send all the LOG file unless you really have to.