[daip] aips compiling error

Benjamin R Zeiger bzeiger at willamette.edu
Wed Oct 6 19:50:26 EDT 2004

Greetings.

I sent an e-mail earlier in the day, but the account does not appear to
have been properly set up, so anything you tried to send back would not
have been received.  I am trying to install aips, but he aips installation
wizard encountered compliation errors with the following:

APLNOT.LIS:/home/bzeiger/aips/31DEC04/APL/SUB/NOTST/DATGET.FOR
APLNOT.LIS:/home/bzeiger/aips/31DEC04/APL/SUB/NOTST/SELINI.FOR
APLNOT.LIS:/home/bzeiger/aips/31DEC04/APL/SUB/NOTST/SETSM.FOR
APLNOT.LIS:/home/bzeiger/aips/31DEC04/APL/SUB/NOTST/UVGET.FOR

Will this require a different compiler (gcc version 3.3.3 20040412 was
used), and if so, will it affect the rest of the system, or can I set it
only into my account?  I'm not exactly a computer expert, and I am using
my university's computing facilities, so I am trying not to disrupt other
aspects of the system.

Thank you for your help.

Ben Zeiger