[daip] Re: POSSM with BPARM normalisation

R. Niruj Mohan r_nirujmohan at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 1 13:03:51 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am not sure I understand fully what is going on, and
what the fix is going to be.
However, is there a temporary fix I can perform to
carry on with my data ? Since I have 15 channels, I
really cant afford to throw away end channels (this is
a line obs) and to make things worse, there are two LO
settings to cover the full line !

I was wondering if I SPLIT my BPcal data with
SMOOTH=1,0 and then apply BPASS, and view with POSSM,
all with SMOOTH=0, things should be okay ? The
resultant spectrum of my BPcal is much better but
still has some wierd stuff. And a second BPASS after
applying the first BP doesnt help much (which probably
means non-closure somewhere, I guess). I am attaching
the second BP table (all on my BPcal). Should this
method be free of the error you had mentioned ?

regards
Niruj