[daip] Re: VLA coordinates, antenna positions

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Nov 23 15:13:32 EST 2004

>  All records have the
> same position and that position is the shifted position.
>
> I will try to sort out why this is happening.  Is it possible
> that we intended this behavior but have forgotten that fact?
> Even so, as I wrote yesterday I don't see it happening in the
> code.

I have just looked at what the system currently does and it
behaves as advertised: if we are observing with PT and at Q
band, then the center of the array is shifted toward PT, else
not.

I can only conclude that in early 2002 the behavior was different
or that the data I examined has been tainted in some mysterious way.
While I am at the VLA tomorrow I will examine the first of these
explanations.

cheers,
Ken