[daip] Re: AIPS - 64 bits platform - Fedora Core 3

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 17 19:43:13 EST 2004

There are three problems I see in the listing you sent.  I suspect
that you have not installed all the developer RPMs that you may need.

1. The READLINE.SHR that we ship is an antique and so does not
   recognize your new machine type.  You should have a copy of
   readline somehwre on your machine or via an RPM.

2. Similarly, the XWindows developer RPM is probably missing, causing
   XAS to fail to compile.  When present, there is a ln -s file in
      /usr/include   called   X11 -> ../X11R6/include/X11/
   Its contents are something like

/usr/X11R6/include/X11
primate<334>$ ls
ap_keysym.h   CoreP.h       Intrinsic.h   RectObj.h     Vendor.h   Xaw/          Xft/          Xlocale.h  Xpoll.h
bitmaps/      cursorfont.h  IntrinsicP.h  RectObjP.h    VendorP.h  Xaw3d/        Xfuncproto.h  Xmd.h      Xproto.h
Composite.h   DECkeysym.h   keysymdef.h   Shell.h       X10.h      Xcms.h        Xfuncs.h      Xmu/       Xprotostr.h
CompositeP.h  extensions/   keysym.h      ShellP.h      Xalloca.h  Xcursor/      X.h           Xosdefs.h  Xresource.h
ConstrainP.h  fonts/        Object.h      SM/           Xarch.h    Xdefs.h       XKBlib.h      Xos.h      Xthreads.h
Constraint.h  HPkeysym.h    ObjectP.h     StringDefs.h  Xatom.h    Xdmcp.h       Xlib.h        Xos_r.h    Xutil.h
Core.h        ICE/          PM/           Sunkeysym.h   Xauth.h    XF86keysym.h  Xlibint.h     xpm.h      XWDFile.h

   which XAS needs in order to build.

3.  The RPM for ncurses-devel may also be missing but you did not get
    far enough to check that.

4.  The rpm for cvs is missing - when you install it you will need to
    run $SYSLOCAL/MAKE.MNJ over again.