[daip] Re: couple of questions

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 1 12:23:03 EST 2004

Patrick Palmer writes:
I was away - messages to daip get considered by Amy et al when that is
the case...

 > 1. TVAL seems to be broken.  It now loads the image but finds that
 > there is no TV channel turned on.  I noticed that you had fixed
 > something about this on Sept. 28 and on Oct 4 you did something at AOC
 > only.  How can I make mine work the way it used to?

I made an error and corrected it a day or so later - moving it into
the AOC immediately.  Is your MNJ working correctly?  There should be
in the area $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC04/$ARCH/UPDATE and link file to
$UPDUNIX/UPDUPDATE.  This runs POPSGN whenever I change adverbs/procs.
A MNJ should have done this for you after I fixed the proc.

The correct text for TVALL is below.

PROC TVALL; TVOFF(1234);GROFF(1234);GROFF(5678);
J=GRCH;GRCH=8;GRCL;GRCH=J;GRCL;TVCL;OFFZOOM;TVLOD;
TVON(TVCH);TVWED(16);TVWLAB;TVFID; RETURN; FINISH

Of course, if you just start aips using the lASTEXIT file saved with
the broken TVALL then it stays broken.  A compress should fix it.

 > 2. I go back and forth about the separate message window.  I turned it
 > off last time I installed AIPS.  Now I want to turn it on again, and I
 > forgot how.  Could you please let me know how?

See HELP MSGSERVER

       You can choose which terminal emulator to use by setting the
       AIPS_MSG_EMULATOR environment variable before starting AIPS.