[daip] Re: CLCAL question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu May 27 16:41:38 EDT 2004

Stockdale, Christopher writes:

 > If I am calibrating with different secondary cals' for different
 > sources, should I be using dobetween 1 or 0?  Its not clear to me which
 > is correct.
 >
 > The sources are all over the sky and the data was all taken at once in
 > snap shot.

The DOBTWEEN adverb applies in step 2 of CLCAL in  which the merged SN
tables are smoothed in time.  If SMOTYPE=' ', then this step is not
even executed.  If you really regard the calibrators as separate and
in a 1-to-1 relationship with the unknown sources then you would not
want to time smooth different calibrators together.

The INTERPOL section is more important in all cases - or if you want
only 1 cal source to apply to 1 source then you need to use the
CALSOUR and SOURCE adverbs to limit each execition of CLCAL to the
specific pair.

Eric