[daip] Coord conversion from VLA equinox 1950 epoch 1979.9 co ords to FK5 J2000 coords

Sean Dougherty sean.dougherty at nrc.ca
Fri May 21 12:05:33 EDT 2004

Eric Greisen wrote:
> One of the others in the group reminded me that UVFIX may do a rather
> better job for you - it converts 1950 to 2000 autimatically (no UVSRT
> required) while recomputing u,v,w.  YOu might also want to run UVFIX
> on the J2000 data for the recomputation (which should not change
> things much).
>
> Eric Greisen

Eric,

Thanks for the info. I think EPOSW is sufficient accuracy for the work I
am doing, but I'll examine the difference (if any) between it and the
UVFIX suggestion above.

Sean

Sean M. Dougherty
National Research Council
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics		www.drao.nrc.ca/~smd
Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory        250 490 4329 (direct)
PO Box 248, Penticton BC. V2A 6K3	 	250 493 2277 (switchboard)
CANADA
					250 493 7767 (fax)