[daip] Re: AIPS TV, again

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 7 16:18:35 EDT 2004

Aeree Chung writes:
 > > These suggest that something is sending it garbage or is out of
 > > synch - what were you doing at that time?
 >
 > Nothing but running IMAGR (with DOTV -1),
 > so TV was not in use at all.

XAS uses a named socket usually assigned number 5000.  I wonder if
there is something else probing your computer on that socket number!
No one else is reporting such troubles.  The number can be changed -
it is pretty arbitrary although all computers that share the
installation have to know the number/symbol in their /etc/services
files or ypservices.