[daip] incorporating backup files into AIPS catalog ...

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 1 13:43:28 EST 2004

 > I have accidently deleted my (multi-source) UV data file from disk,
 > and am currently retrieving all relevant back-up files (i.e., UV data
 > file and extension tables).  Is there a straightforward means of
 > (re)incorporating the files back into the AIPS catalog?

It depends on what you mean by "backup".  If they are full FITS files
containing the UV data and tables, then UVLOD and FITLD are the
easiest.

If they are simple file backups, then after they have been copied into
the data directory the CB files (headers) may be used to build a new
CA (overall catalog) file.

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH   (or . LOGIN.SH)
$CDTST