[daip] CLCOR / ANTC

Walter Brisken wbrisken at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jun 30 20:05:34 EDT 2004

Something is not quite right with the new option ANTC of CLCOR.  I haven't
spent a lot of time chasing the problem in the event that you can quickly
determine my problem -- I'm willing to do a detailed investigation if
necessary.

ANTC option seems to properly update the SU table (ie, the EPO position is
now changed to the right value), but the CL table created fails to
properly adjust the source and hence causes operations using the CL table
to fail (see bottom)

(CL 10, the one created in the identical fashion but with ANTP instead of
ANTC, seems to work fine)  Also, A CLCAL operation taking a CL modified by
ANTC works without failure, but as if the phases and delays for the source
in question are all zero.

I've tried to find in CLCOR.FOR where a procedure to adjust the CL table
itself is called, but cannot find that functionality.  I agree with the
changes to SOUMOD that were made recently.

Sorry I didn't have time to better characterize the failure.  If more
information is wanted, please inquire...

-Walter

parall> SPLIT1: Create B2053+36.PT .SPL1  .   1 (UV)  on disk  8  cno  105
parall> SPLIT1: Applying CL Table version     9
parall> SPLIT1: SPLCOP FOUND NO SAMPLES OUT OF   74065 POSSIBLE
parall> SPLIT1:        IS SUBARRAY  1 IN CL/SN TABLE?
parall> SPLIT1:            Previously flagged   flagged by gain
kept
parall> SPLIT1: Partially           11381                   0
0
parall> SPLIT1: Fully                   0               56687
0
parall> SPLIT1: SPLCOP: ERROR - NO DATA WRITTEN
parall> SPLIT1: PROBLEM WITH SOURCE: B2053+36.PT
parall> SPLIT1: FAILED TO SELECT VALID DATA
parall> SPLIT1: Destroyed  1 extension files of type FQ
parall> SPLIT1: Destroyed UV image file: catno=    105 disk= 8
parall> SPLIT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
parall> SPLIT1: parallax     31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       6.6  Real=       9