[daip] FEDORA CORE 2 and 31DEC04.tar.gz (problems in INSTEP2)

Jose-Maria Torrelles torrelles at ieec.fcr.es
Wed Jun 16 15:00:33 EDT 2004

Dear Aips group, I have trying to install AIPS 31DEC04 in my Linux
computer running on Fedora Core 2 (Kernel 2.6.6-1.435) after I installed
there gcc-2.95.3

I am having problems in INSTEP2, aborting the installation
with the following message (last lines)

COMRPL    : to         -/home/users/torrelle/AIPS/31DEC04/APL/DEV/ZXLX8.FOR
COMRPL    : at least one module FAILED to compile
COMRPL    : Dies of unnatural causes
INSTEP2   : Failure in $APLGEN/...
INSTEP2   : compilations.
INSTEP2   : Aborts!    Wed Jun 16 20:34:07 CEST 2004
AipsWiz: Error: INSTEP2 failed, no point in proceeding.
AipsWiz: Error: Look in /home/users/torrelle/AIPS/31DEC04/LINUX/INSTALL
to see
AipsWiz: Error: if you can figure out what went wrong.  There are
AipsWiz: Error: many log and list files there.  You may want to do

grep -v ^- *.LIS

AipsWiz: Error: to see what modules did not compile.

AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping.  Current settings saved in ~/.AIPSRC
AipsWiz: Abandoning ship!  Goodbye.

====================================

I am attaching to this e-mail files .AIPSRC and INSTEP2.LOG (compressed
file).

Do you have any advisor, please?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,