[daip] APCAL error msg

Mark Claussen mclausse at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 11 13:08:36 EDT 2004

I FITLDed a data set from the VLBA, observed in 2002.
It seemed to come with the requisite GC, TY tables.
I ran VLBAMCAL after loading, and then VLBAFPOL.
I then ran VLBACALA, and got the following error from
APCAL:

imager> APCAL1: Task APCAL  (release of 31DEC04) begins
imager> APCAL1: Writing SN table  2
imager> APCAL1: GETGC: PARAMETER MAXVAL TOO SMALL: CONTACT AIPS ADMIN
imager> APCAL1: GCVAL: ERROR  3 LOADING GC TABLE
imager> APCAL1: AMPCAL: NO GAIN FOR ANT:   1 POL: 1 IF:    1
imager> APCAL1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
imager> APCAL1: imager-c     31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

I have examined the GC table, and as far as I can tell it looks like
others that I have examined.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is user
error; I haven't used the VLBAUTILs a lot, but I have used them before
and have never seen this message from APCAL.

Attached are the inputs for APCAL.  The data itself exists on IMAGER-C,
user no 600, disk 1, cno 33.

Mark