[daip] Re: Share memory error in MAC AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 4 17:11:57 EDT 2004

Stockdale, Christopher writes:

 > After a week or 2 of perfect operation, I started getting the shared
 > memory error again.  I've checked the file indicating on the Manager's
 > FAQ, it meets the AIPS recommended specs.  I downloaded an upgrade to
 > OSX this morning and the aips tvserver has not come up since.  The MSG
 > and TK servers work fine.  Any thoughts?

All we know about shared memory setting is on the Mac web page.  If
those files are okay then I find it odd that it should be failing.
Have you re-booted since the upgrade - and then checked those files
and XAS?  What error message is it now giving.  Wes is off until next
week when he will be working (on his Mac laptop) from Illinois.

Eric