[daip] on aips installation

cyj at shao.ac.cn cyj at shao.ac.cn
Wed Jun 2 08:19:58 EDT 2004

Dear sir,

I am Dr. Chen, from shanghai observatory of china. I bought
new Dell PC computer recently with video card integrated into
mainboard. I installed linux operating system with the latest
redhat version fedora. When the aips software was installed,
I found that I couldn't find the TV, message and TEKSRV windows in screen.
I noted that in the process of starting aips, all these windows
were assigned. When I checked process with ps command,
I also found the processes for these windows. I tried the old gnu
version 2.95.3 instead of the current version, but the result is
same. I have tried all metheds that I could thought out
and searched for solutions from internet, but all failed. The only
way lefted for me is to ask for helps from you, I hope you could
help me solve the problem. Thank you very much.
My email address is : cyj at center.shao.ac.cn

Sinecerely yours,
Chen Yongjun