[daip] LOCALHOST!!!

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 22 10:47:44 EDT 2004

Glenn Morrison writes:

 > Eric,
 >
 > I just changed the SENECU_1 to LOCALHOST_1 then the disks
 > are found. I update NETSP, DADEVS.LIST files as well.
 > Everything seems happy after I understood what changing to
 > LOCALHOST means.

You found one solution to the problem.  I usually make the sets of
files symbolic links (e.g.

in $NET0
   ln -s SENECU LOCALHOST

and at the top data level
   ln -s SENECU_1 LOCALHOST_1
etc

Then in DADEVS.LIST and NETP I list both sets as if they were
different.

The program startup procs look for the HOST name in the list and
associate those data areas with the program.  If the HOST name is
missing and no disks are included always (an option in col 1 we do not
recommend) then it gets in trouble.

You may still need to run FILAIP and POPSGN:

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH    (or . LOGIN.SH)
$CDTST
RUN FILAIP