[daip] query

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 14 10:19:32 EDT 2004

Rupal Mittal writes:

 > I would really appreciate some help on if there exists an option to change the
 > adverb, ltype for tvlabel. I am aware of the types 1 thru 10 that exist but
 > the format that I particulary want does not. Is there any possibility of
 > changing the configuration accordingly? The problem mainly arises due to the
 > declaration of RA and Dec at the bottom which appears as a very long line, a
 > very undesirable feature especially when it comes to including images in a
 > poster (and at the same time have the axes in mas wrt to the centre and the
 > peak flux density).

Your difficulty is not particularly a general problems and is easily
handled by running LWPLA to a PostScript file on disk and then editing
that file.  Advice on PostScript files is contained in the new help
file POSTSCRIPT.  You can eliminate the long line or make it into two
and then adjust the bounding box accordingly - you could even change
the font type and size for that line instead.  PostScript may seem
forbidding but - as AIPS uses it - it is very easy to figure out and
gv lets you simple experiment and immediately see what you have done.
I find that scaling the picture to a large size and then converting to
jpg (with unix tool convert) for PowerPoint posters works better than
simply importing the PostScript.