[daip] question on FILLM from disk

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Jul 4 17:11:02 EDT 2004

Data Analysts writes:

   Please send queries on aips to daip at nrao.edu - you will get a
faster response if you do not require the message to be forwarded by
the analysts.

There is normally only one reason for breaking into new output files
and that is a change in mode, hence a change in number of
polarizations, number of channels, and perhaps bandwidth.  The
frequency change alone would only make a new FQID.  Can you send my
the IMHEADER outputs of the files and perhaps the LISTR('SCAN')
outputs as well?  In case of a mode change DBCON will not accept the 2
data sets for concatenation.

FILLM is very complicated so there may be a "feature" that causes this
for no good reason, but let's look for a reason first.