[daip] (no subject)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 28 11:35:55 EST 2004

Chellury Sastry writes:

 >                         I have not received the AIPS CD and I shall be
 > thankful  if you let me know the present status. I sent a message to Dr.
 > Allen but it bounced back.

     All I can do is forward your mail to Ernie and his supervisor.
He should be mailing it to you but mail ti India can be a lengthy
process as you know.

 >                         I have to complete a project of imaging the sun with
 > the VLA 74 MHz data and so I would very much appreciate your help in sending
 > me the CD.
 >
 >                         I am able to download 'Install.pl' and the related
 > information.  I requested in my message to Dr.Allen to let me know whether I
 > can get a CD with any calibrator data at any frequency to practise imaging
 > with AIPS.Kindly let me know if this is possible.

     NRAO has made all of the VLA data archive available except for
very recent data.  You can go to the NRAO home web site
          http://www.nrao.edu/
and follow the links to the archive.  A search should turn up some
appropriate data that would not make a file too large to ftp.