[daip] DBCON

Ian Pattison ip at ast.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jan 27 13:01:33 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to concatenate two uv databases. One of these is a previous
concatenation of B and C configuration (same phase centre, both C band,
but different bandwidth 25 and 50 MHz). I'm trying to concatenate this
with my A configuration data (different phase centre ~few arc-mins away).
Also we observed in 4IF mode, with 8 channels making up 25 MHz bandwidth.

I started by using UVFIX on the B/C uv data; firstly to convert it from
B1950 to J2000, then to shift the tangent point to that of our data.

When I run DBCON I get the message:

linsta> DBCON2: Task DBCON  (release of 31DEC03) begins
linsta> DBCON2: Scaling u,v,w of data set 1 by  9.9808090E-01
linsta> DBCON2: RA does not match, will shift second
linsta> DBCON2: DEC does not match, will shift second
linsta> DBCON2: IF       AXIS HAS UNEQUAL ATTRIBUTES
linsta> DBCON2: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

I'm unsure if this step is failing, or if it's something I've done wrong
in the UVFIX, where I shifted tangent point. Any suggestions?

Thankyou,

Ian Pattison

 Ian Pattison

 Astrophysics Group