[daip] 31DEC03 installation

N.M.Nagar nagar at astro.rug.nl
Tue Jan 27 11:36:37 EST 2004

Hi Aips (Eric?),

Its that time of the year again: upgrading from 31DEC02 to 31DEC03
with the usual excitement (and some new trouble)!
Could I ask for your help on this? I'm upgrading AIPS on my
laptop (used the `laptop' option in the installation of 31DEC03) and
am having problems with the INSTEP compilation:

For installation I used (.AIPSRC file attached if that helps):
SITE: maya
hosts: localhost

At beginning of INSTEP2  :

As with the 31DEC02 installation, I found that when INSTEP2
  starts to execute, the AIPS environment (i.e. $AIPS_ROOT etc)
  variables are not set.
  So INSTEP fails. I had to explicitly set these variables using
  source  /home/neil/AIPS/LOGIN.CSH  before continuing.
  (it would be useful to run this file by default, before INSTEP
   starts).

#-----
SYSTEM/UNIX/MAKEAT   has errors because "PRINTENV" wasn't found.
 PRINTENV is in
 /home/neil/AIPS/31DEC03/LINUX/SYSTEM/MAYA     which is somehow
   not searched. My $PATH at this point included:
   /home/neil/AIPS/31DEC03/LINUX/SYSTEM and
   /home/neil/AIPS/31DEC03/SYSTEM/UNIX
  So manually added this extra MAYA subdirectory to $PATH

#-----
 /home/neil/AIPS/31DEC03/SYSTEM/UNIX/COMRPL  failed because PWD was not found
  PWD is now in /home/neil/AIPS/31DEC03/APL/CONTRIBU/PWD
   (which is a different directory structure from 31DEC02)
  so manually added this to the path for now

#----- Now I get a new failure i.e. PWD is calling CPWD, but
       for some reason INSTEP1 hasn't yet compiled CPWD.c into CPWD
       Indeed, I can find /home/neil/AIPS/31DEC03/APL/CONTRIBU/CPWD.C
        but cannot find CPWD anywhere.

This is the output at the point it fails:

/home/neil/AIPS/31DEC03/APL/CONTRIBU/PWD: CPWD: command not found
COMRPL    : '@' file    /AIPSUB.LIS
COMRPL    : not found!
COMRPL    : Dies of unnatural causes
INSTEP2   : Failure in $AIPSUB/...
INSTEP2   : compilations.
INSTEP2   : Aborts!    Tue Jan 27 16:52:40 CET 2004

Is there something missing in the distribution? Or do you know of
a quick fix for this? Some of this trouble may be because I'm
using the `laptop' option, so the directory structure may be
different?  many thanks,
Neil.