[daip] new user

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 20 13:44:04 EST 2004

Justin J Schaefer writes:
 > Hello, I am a new user, and would like to get a user ID for aips classic.
 > I have used a former professors ID in the past, but since he is now at a
 > university I think it would be better to get my own ID.  Could you direct
 > my email to the proper entity so that I may get the ID.

On installations away from NRAO sites you are free to use any number
except 1 which is supposed to be for the manager.  Even here, users on
their own workstations use multiple user numbers to separate their
various projects.  If you ever visit an NRAO site and use one of our
public computers, then you will need a user number and the proper
people will assign you one.