[daip] DELZN, CLCOR

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:58:26 EST 2004

Andreas,

>Is it possible to give also an output for the clock offset
>which can be used by CLCOR?

Yes it is possible. Right now user can make CL table correction eather
by atmosphere only or by sum atmosphere and clock.
It is controlled by APARM(5).

Now the OUTFILE (DELZN) can be corrected only by atmosphere.
I can expand the APARM(5) control to the OUTFILE also.

But you have to understand that CLCOR('ATMOV') and DELZN will make different
correction in the rate column of the CL table if the OUTFILE in DELZN
use both atmoshere and clock correction:

DELZN correcting CL table, calculates the derivative of the delay as
a sum of derivative of atmosphere delay and derivative of clock delay having
access to the both delays. The calculation of the derivative of the atmosphere
delay includes time dependence of the zenith delay and time dependence
of elevation. The calculation of the derivative of the clock delay includes
only the time dependence of the clocks.

CLCOR will interpret the delay given in the INFILE(OUTFILE of DELZN)
as the atmosphere delay, although the given delay includes clock delay also.

>How does OPCODE="PHAS' works? The help file doesn't say much about it.

It does not work at all. I added this option in help file for possible future
enchance of DELZN

Leonid