[daip] Questions about AIPS Tasks

Christian Leipski leipski at astro.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jan 13 11:19:42 EST 2004

Hello!

I am working on my VLA data at the moment and have some trouble with them,
particularly I do not know which task to use to do certain things:

1)
I've got data from the VLA A- AND B-Array (6 cm, of the same source and
individually calibrated, of
course) and would like to concatenate this two files. If I do this with DBCON
and them make a image using MAPPR, AIPS find all the visibilities but restores
the beam only on the basis of B-Array data (with a beam of roughly 1.3
x 1.3 arcsec). What task do I have to use to merge the uv datasets
properly ?

2)
After I loaded the data of another file to AIPS, I can't run TVFLG on
this dataset.
Having a look on the scan summary (see attachement) you see that the scans
numbered 1 to 11 are the same as approximately 43 to ... .
Thus, the data are partly the same and I have to delete the scans 1 to 11.
Which task should I use to delete certain SCANS??

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Christian