[daip] archive data ...

Dharam Vir Lal dharam at ncra.tifr.res.in
Thu Feb 26 12:38:21 EST 2004

dear AIPS-helper,

 i am running "FILLM" task on one of my downloaded archive data
 and am getting the following error ...

-----------
FILLM1: Task FILLM  (release of 31DEC03) begins
FILLM1: Shadow flag limit =  2.500E+01 meters.
FILLM1: No opacity correction in CL table.
FILLM1: Gain curve correction in CL table read from file,
FILLM1:    with variation as function of antenna and band.
FILLM1: Opening DEVIL1:AS535.FITS1
FILLM1: ZTPOPN: DISK DEVICE = DEVIL1:AS535.FITS1 NOT FOUND
FILLM1: FLDKIO: ERROR   2 OPENING FILE
FILLM1: Error      8 opening VLA archive data disk file.
FILLM1: FLMUV: FLMDAT error  8
FILLM1: Read         0 visibilities from  0 files
FILLM1: Appears to have ended successfully
FILLM1: urvashi      31DEC03 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
-----------

the "DEVIL1" variable is properly defined,
 file "AS535.FITS" exists in appropriate form, with all capitals ...

could it be a problem with the file type ?
b'cos i get the following answer on asking for file-kind ...
 -----
  [dharam at urvashi dharam]$ file AS535.FITS
  AS535.FITS: raw G3 data, byte-padded
 -----

could you please inform me, where i am making the mistake ?
with best regards,
Dharam.